Some additional notable observations from the report include the following:
- Average leverage multiples for U.S. buyout transactions declined from 5.7x to 5.4x in the first quarter of 2015 from the prior year’s average
- 32 companies completed their IPOs on U.S. exchanges—a 50% decrease from both the prior quarter and the year-ago quarter.
- The average equity contribution rate for a U.S. buyout transaction completed in 1Q15 was 39.4%, compared with 37.3% for all of 2014
- Venture capital–focused funds experienced an upsurge in fundraising, raising $13.5 billion during the quarter
- PE firms raised $72.7 billion in 1Q2015, 19% decline from the prior quarter and 10% decline from the year ago quarter,
Clicking the Like button on various social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. does not constitute a testimonial for or endorsement of Redmount Capital Partners LLC or any Investment Advisor Representative. “Like” is not meant in the traditional sense. Posts must refrain from recommending investment advisory services or providing testimonials for our firm, since they are strictly prohibited. Please understand that we are required to delete such posts, since this is a regulatory requirement.