At a glance
- Deflationary pressures – and the associated risks to growth – are the common enemy faced by most economies across the globe. They are the motive behind the ongoing global easing cycle.
- A stronger US dollar and the resulting foreign exchange market volatility argue for greater differentiation amongst portfolios, in accordance with their reference currency. Hedging has become a must.
- Euro area investors will benefit from both liquidity injections and the materializing economic recovery – a positive outlook that supports our preference for risky assets over cash.
- A more balanced approach is required when it comes to US dollar- and Non-US dollar- based portfolios, given the more limited equity market upside.
- External debt levels and commodity intensity are dividing the emerging economies into two camps: those who can afford to loosen monetary policy (Asia) and those who are forced to keep rates high (Russia, Brazil).
Clicking the Like button on various social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. does not constitute a testimonial for or endorsement of Redmount Capital Partners LLC or any Investment Advisor Representative. “Like” is not meant in the traditional sense. Posts must refrain from recommending investment advisory services or providing testimonials for our firm, since they are strictly prohibited. Please understand that we are required to delete such posts, since this is a regulatory requirement.